Sunday, January 23, 2011

Should tobacco companies be held responsible for smoking-related illnesses and deaths?

I would say no to this question. Everyone has a choice to smoke or use the tobacco companies product. The tobacco companies also have warning lables on the packages of their products to tell the consumer what harms it causes to the human body. Having the warning lables on the products protects the tobacco companies. On the other hand you would also have to think about the alcohol I think alcohol causes illnesses and death and I haven't heard anything about holding alcohol companies responsible for illness or death.
In the end the companies should not be held responsible and it is the consumers choice to use the product the companies are selling to the public.



2 comments:

  1. Here here. In fact, we should be assigning praise, not blame. I, for one, am a smoker, and smoking makes me look cool. When this coolness leads me to the "Coolest Guy In The Universe" award, or maybe just a guest slot on 90210, tobacco companies should be co-recipients of these awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a alcoholic and a smoker those are bought my fault no companies held a gun to me

    ReplyDelete